Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Am My Names (T): (Jee Leong Koh)

T.

(For JLK).

Should I worship at the altar
of the smooth pebble:
know sea by its polish:

and tides by life’s theory;
command the double-fish
to swim in one direction?

My name is Tension. I am an artist.


To celebrate his birthday, Jee Leong Koh, served a poetry reading prepared from his forthcoming book, Equal to the Earth. To hear the readings, visit his book blog. If you have only a little time, listen to the first reading and the opening poem, "Hungry Ghosts", the final poem in a sequence bearing that title. If you have more time, take a bottle along and listen to all three readings. You'll soon be drunk on poetry!

3 comments:

JD said...

I found his words/poetry quite accessible. Thanks for the link, E!

Jee Leong Koh said...

Thanks, E., for the poem and the puff. Much appreciated.

Eshuneutics said...

I'm pleased you listened, JD.

Just a little nudge, Jee.